Recommendations for Releasing Fish Alive
• Don't play fish to exhaustion.
• Never handle fish with dry hands.
• Never squeeze body or touch gills.
• Submerge fish while removing hook.
• If hooked deeply, cut line.
• NEVER DROP fish into water.
• Face fish upstream and gently vacillate.
• Release fish in calm water.
Recommended Field Care for Skin Mount Fish
• Immediately shoot close-up color photos.
• Strike head with blunt object.
• Plug anus with cotton.
• Coat fish with Borax.
• Wrap in foil or plastic wrap and seal in plastic bag.
• Position flat, best side up; KEEP COOL, FREEZE ASAP.
• If unable to freeze within 24 hours, remove viscera through small incision on BACKSIDE and pack with Borax.
• Contact Tony ASAP.